I had a late work meeting on Tuesday afternoon in Portland, so Paul and Benjamin came with me and hung out in the hotel while I was at my meeting. I took the next day off work and after sleeping in, we had breakfast at the fabulous Bijou Cafe and headed to the zoo. By the time we got there, the Man was out cold, and it took a while for us to wake him up to see the animals. Once he saw them though, he was anxiously looking for more and he genuinely seemed to enjoy himself. Bats and fish were particularly entertaining - there is so much movement there!
All decked out!

What is so interesting?

Tigers!


and lorakeets!

And monitors! Oh my!


Just a bitty bear cub


Beavers!

Cougar

We had a fantastic day and slept the whole two hours home and then some! I wasn't sure the zoo would be worth it for him at this age, but it really was. Although Paul and I were on the abbreviated tour (couldn't take the time to read the displays), we all had fun.
2 comments:
This looks like so much fun! Made me homesick wishing we were there to all go to the zoo together! Must do so when we get back. Maybe we'll give Marshall a delayed 1st birthday party...
I love the zoo.. but it seems like every time we've gone it rains... even when we went in June. I would tell you we should all go some time, but I am sure that me coming will make it rain!
Post a Comment