I apologize for no pictures this post. I really just haven't felt like taking many pictures. But I do need to write some stuff down since at this point it looks like this is it for the kids' baby books! :o)
Benjamin is a brilliant 3 year old - too smart for his own good. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth. He recognizes places around town that he has seen just once and everyone is his best friend. He warms up to people rather quickly now and wants to make sure everyone can play and have a good time. He is horribly hard on his poor sister, constantly knocking her over, sitting on her, standing on her legs, and generally causing trouble. He is a momma's boy and is jealous of the momma's girl. If we don't leave the house to do an activity in the morning, then we are ready to kill each other by dinnertime. Most days he still takes a 2 hour nap, but it is harder and harder to get him down and Abby magically wakes up every time he finally sleeps!
Abby is growing like a weed. She is now 24lbs, 10 oz(!) and according to her pediatrician is 15 pounds above average for her age (6 months). Only 2 years, 9 months, 12", and 15lbs separate the siblings! Amazing! The doc told us to start feeding her even more solid foods because it is lower in calories than my milk! I'm letting her try just about anything, but she loves graham cracker, tolerates cheerios, likes banana, is undecided on avocado, and didn't care for round 1 of butternut squash. She LOVES strawberries and blueberries, but I am trying to not give her the ultimate sweet tooth like I have. She cut her first tooth (lower middle right) on Monday and rolls where ever she needs to go with a little scooting in between. Most of her motion is backwards still though although she is getting her knees under her and close to army crawling. She is a cat napper and eater because she finds the rest of the world more interesting than anything she is currently doing. (She just rolled over and chomped my toe!)
Both kids are only in daycare Tuesdays and Thursdays this summer while I work part time on campus in Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering. The rest of the week, we are supposedly home together, but we are NEVER home. We are meeting up with friends or playdates or venturing to the park or fountain. We hope to go to Enchanted Forest and the Gilbert House very soon in Salem. Paul still has Sundays and Mondays off so it is like we get a real weekend together. He is probably ready to strangle me - we have never had this much time together.
We're still playing men's, women's, and co-ed softball and enjoying it, but we just aren't as into it as we have been in the past. Our co-ed team is in the top league but we don't fit there very well. I joined Weight Watchers just after my 30th birthday and at the start of spring term. I have lost 31 pounds so far but seem to be losing momentum and discipline. Too many special occasion excuses and too many cravings for cookie dough! Paul is losing weight too on his own diet - he's down 20 pounds. I think he mostly just cuts down on the amount her eats, but still eats a ton of his usual temptations.
We had fun at the Monmouth parade this morning and the Red White and Blues Festival in downtown Corvallis. Benjamin loved the bounce stuff! Tonight we are off to Stacy and Micheal's for a BBQ! Whoo hoo!
Happy 4th of July to everyone!
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment