Like a typical second child, I have been neglecting to share Abby's milestones in the way I did Benjamin's. She is talking now. She says da for daddy or dog, baba for brother or Benjamin, mama of course, ba for ball. She's getting there. Her teachers at school have also taught her to sign. She knows 'all done', 'please', and 'thank you'. In fact, she will often walk up to me, screech, point at my chest and frantically sign please. I don't think she is every going to stop nursing. She is nearly 14 months old and counting. Some things I have shared about her on Facebook:
10/7/10
I've decided that 9 months is the best age! Abby is interactive (learning how to give high 5's) and smiles and laughs and chases us and likes being chased. It is so fun! And she doesn't talk back yet! :o)
10/26/10
Abby is on her third day of walking with a little push cart. I also swear she said "Daddy" last night. Not even da-da, but a real "Daddy". She has always been in such a hurry to grow up. She is 10.5 months old.
1/22/11
The report I get from Abby's school daily has been made of commentary like "Abby must be really cuddly at home. We love it but the other kids don't seem to like being sat on as much." (She does just walk up to anyone and plop down on their lap!) Or "Abby worked on following directions today. We would tell her not to do something and she would smile and shake her head no and then try to do it again anyway."
2/5/11
Another quote from Abby's school: "She's been doing so well when sharing with other children - bringing toys or returning them if she steals - great progress!" Not that she should be stealing....
She got another one the same week that said she was delivering toys to the other babies who were less mobile. So sweet!
2/10/11
Abby got her first negative write-up at school yesterday. "Abby shoved another child onto the floor & sat on his head until she was removed, leaving marks on the child's face." Awesome. The class bully and the one who threatens to sit on people if she doesn't get her way.
On another note, the teachers are doing a great job of teaching her sign language - something we haven't really done with her. She now walks up to me, points to my boobs, and signs please over and over again. If I ask her if she wants to nurse, she get more animated, adds in little shrieks of delight and keeps doing it.
Something adorable from B (I'll do a full post on him soon):
1/30/11
From B "I don't want to sit at the little table at the park because you are my best friend and I don't want you to hit your head."
No comments:
Post a Comment