My mom called me on New Year's day with a proposal. She asked if she could come and spend time with the Man and babysit for us. The catch is that she would come over early Tuesday, stay Tues & Wed night and leave Thurs after watching him. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother, but we get on each other's nerves after a little while. Like any grandparent, I suppose, she thinks I don't feed Benjamin enough or dress him warm enough. I of course, get a little defensive about that because I see a happy, healthy growing boy in front of me.After much deliberation, Paul and I decided to give it a try. KinderCare agreed to hold our spot for a two week trial and also to welcome us back in May/June whenever my mom goes back out to sea. All the stars aligned so we are giving it a try. We started this last week. I think it went okay. It is a little awkward when we have dinner plans with friends and leave her home alone, but we have to live our own lives and I think we will all get used to it. Has anyone else had a similar situation in their lives? How did it work for you?
Oh, and we started waterbabies this week. There is a great baby there who is 11 months old and has done 4 water baby classes. They can't keep him out of the water. I so pictured Benjamin being the same way. BUT, Benjamin was in a really bad mood for the first class. Then he found a ball and it was totally distracting him, but he lost it whenever I took it away. He just can't get enough of them. So Wednesday, for our second class, I steered clear of the toys. He did better, and does seem to enjoy the water, but he isn't much into group activity. (My mom and I had also taken him to infant story time on Wednesday and he just didn't care. He always likes the music, but could care less for books and the movements associated with the songs.) We'll figure it out.What a rambling post! Could you follow me? :o)
1 comment:
Okay, so if you can remember, we have had slug problems.... so so gross!! I hope everything works out good with your mom. I will be interested to hear how it goes!
Post a Comment