Thursday, May 31, 2007

11 Weeks Old - Busy Memorial Weekend

I finally had to give in and buy the man a sun hat. Ain't he cute! Of course someone got jealous of all the attention....Relaxin'...Thanks Aunt T for the awesome onesie!For Memorial weekend, we headed to Ashland to stay with Paul's parents. We had not taken The Man there yet and I really wanted him to meet his great-grandparents for the first time. However, he first decided to break out in several different rashes, one of which needed us to soak his rear in a baking soda bath. Hard to do when you aren't well equipped and in your own home. I thought this pan would do it. I was wrong.... He was not a happy camper.













Benjamin got to visit with a lot of his relatives. Here he is with the Weeks' family including his cousins, Ashley (10) and Spencer (6), and Uncle Mel...
...and my cousin Lisa, her hubby Rob, and their boy Rece (7 months)......Benjamin's Great-Grandma Fern and Great-Grandpa Larry...
...my long lost friend from high school, Jessica, and her son, Alan (11 months)......and here is is conversing with Grandma Pat. This is something new for him this week. Starting with his Great-Grandma Fern, he will now sit with you and carry on back and forth for several minutes. We got some of it on video with Grandma Pat and as soon as we get the software issue resolved, I hope to post it.As I mentioned earlier, Benjamin had some issues with rashes this week, so we ended up visiting the pediatrician twice. (I know what you are all thinking, and yes we are first time parents so we did run to the doctor.... He just looked so pathetic with 5 different rashes....) Paul got to go with me on the second visit, and he and Benjamin spent the time waiting for the doctor by having a great conversation. When the doctor came in, she called Benjamin a flirt, because he just kept doing it with her.
And last, but certainly not least, Kelly from our childbirth group, finally had her baby! Zakary August Guenther was born on Sunday morning. Here are pictures of mamma Kelly and proud pappa Rick when we overwhelmed them by having the whole birth group visit.
Liv and her son Lyle (6 weeks) with Kelly and ZakMegan and Zak (11 weeks) with Kelly and Zak
Heidi and Clara (8 weeks)

Interesting stats for our natural childbirth class:
  • 5 couples
  • 2 natural births - both at home
  • 3 planed natural hospital births - all c-sections
  • 1 girl, 4 boys
Hmmmm......

No comments: