Friday, June 22, 2007

14 Weeks Old - What a talkative man! (Oh, and a happy father's day!)

It's been another busy week - my third week back at work and Benjamin's second at KinderCare.

We're starting to get the hang of KinderCare and are using cloth diapers there. It is working out well so far and The Man and I are both getting to know the "teachers". (As a side note, I think it is funny that I have never written or called him anything but Benjamin on any of his forms or stuff and yet as soon as I say his name, they say "Hi Ben." I thought we could at least get Benjamin through to elementary school before getting shortened to Ben!) Anyway, I get to KinderCare early so I can get his bottles and diapers put away and then we sit together and nurse for a good twenty minutes before heading off to work. I see a lot of young tots who are at the stage where they scream and cry when their parents leave. It is so sad! At lunch, I have been packing a sandwich and picking up the man, putting him in the stroller, and heading a block away to OSU's lower park. There we both eat lunch and play for a few minutes before having to head back. We have a good routine.

Here is the cutie in more pictures to use as blackmail later!A couple of cool dudes!
Play time...
...leads to crash time!
Happy father's day! We started out with a nice casual morning (thanks for the great outfit, Cinda - yes, it was 9 mo and it pretty much fits him already! He is so long!) and then headed to the coast for Benjamin's first time at the beach and some good fish and chips from the fabulous Lighthouse Deli. I carried The Man in the front pack and took a cute picture of us and got a few of Paul before the camera completely crashed. (It crashed right before we posed for a great family picture too. Nuts! Even though I have had it a long time, I still have the receipt from CostCo, so I hope I can exchange it. No pics until I get a new camera this weekend tho! We gotta have one for The Man.) Besides the camera though, I think Paul had a really nice day. Benjamin and I got him some new belts (he was in desperate need!) and a nice card.
After we got back from the coast, we got ready for our co-ed softball game. Benjamin got to wait for us while hanging with Dad and Carol at Christy's graduation party. Our softball game went well and we knocked off the undefeated Woodstock's team. Afterwards we joined The Man at the party and gave heartfelt congrats to Christy. She has graduated from Animal Science at OSU and worked so hard to get there! CONGRATULATIONS, CHRISTY!!!! We got to see Pinky and our buddy Taza. It was fun, but a very long day for The Man, although he had a lot of fun hanging out in his new tent. (Thanks Dad and Carol!)

We finished off Father's Day by chillin' at home. We squeezed one more pic out of the camera to prove we still love our bouncy seat!
The rest of the week went pretty well. On Monday and Thursday Paul had softball games. They won both and looked good doing it. I had a game on Wednesday and we also played well We were playing our arch enemies but we got up in the first inning 18-0 so it was smooth sailing from there! I had a lead off home run in the very first inning! It was in the park, but still felt good but Jenny got up a few batters latter and hit a grand slam! Go Jenny!

On Tuesday, Benjamin and I spent the night at Kelly's in Eugene. We had a good time visiting. At dinner time, I set my plate on the floor to sit next to the man and he rolled over! Really fast from front to back over his left shoulder. I couldn't believe it and he almost landed in my plate. I quickly put him back on his stomach and he did it again right away! It was so much fun. It almost seems like he just gets top heavy and falls over. Wish we had a camera!!! After we got back home on Wednesday, he did it several times for Paul, but no so much the few days after. We'll have to get the video camera out and catch it next time and post the video.

In general, The Man is super talkative now. He just talks and talks and talks. He apparently has A LOT to say about everything. Everyone compliments us and tells us how he is just an amazingly happy baby and I have to agree - so full of smiles!

Hope all of you are well. Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions/or ask questions. I would love to know that people actually read this!

No comments: