Not a whole lot going on this week. This will be fairly brief. And if you haven't noticed, new posts probably won't come till Saturdays now that I am working.
On Friday, Benjamin stayed with our neighbor Stacey and got to go with her to Kylie's preschool graduation. They had a pretty good day together. Then The Man went with me to my boss Marnie's b-day dinner. Benjamin was very smiley and entertaining - we were sad to see him go when Paul came to pick him up before dessert. From left to right in this picture is Kristie (my temp at the Foundation while I was on leave), Sharon, Marnie,
Marlys, me,
and then Kathy. It was an awesome meal at Wildfire. Very scrumptious!

I then went
GeoCaching with Marnie and Sharon. It was fun. You take a little GPS unit and find treasures people hide all over town. They are hidden right out in the open and no one seems to see them! We were working on the third one when it got too dark and we decided to throw in the towel.

The Man and The Girl are getting along okay. I think Riley still resents him, but they are adapting. I think she definitely realizes that he isn't going any where and so she lets us do things like set B-Man on her for a quick pic! Don't worry - she is handsomely rewarded! But aren't they cute!

The two pics below were taken on Tuesday morning, Benjamin's first day at
KinderCare. He had a pretty good day there. A lot to get used to. He sure slept hard when he came home! He's with babies all the way up to about 14 months and a lot of them have anxiety when their parents drop them off and they just scream.... I think he didn't get to nap much. He'll get used to it though. I visited him for lunch and he was in a pretty good mood. I only got in trouble a few times... forgot to put him in a disposable when dropping him off... forgot to take the bottles home the first day.... Oh well. He got red from the disposables though, so I think we will get a note from Benjamin's doctor and use cloth there too.


On Wednesday, we went to story time at the Benton County Library. It was a lot of fun. Very neat interactive songs. Benjamin really seemed to enjoy it - until he got hungry. Once nursed, her was ready for more. After that, we went to our usual Wednesday playgroup. Melanie hosted us this week because the strawberries at her house were out in force. We picked tons! She also had a
Jumperoo out and Benjamin got to try it out. We have a friend who plans to lend us one, but I haven't taken it yet because I wasn't sure he had the head control. But he had a lot of fun in it and I just put a blanket behind his neck for a little additional support. We will have to get one soon for him. That and an
exersaucer. (Anyone have one they want to sell or lend out?)

How can a
Jumperoo possibly compete with a ceiling fan?! :o)

And a picture for Kelly... the Benjamin part, not the silly Paul part. :o) The Man still has some of the mullet. It is starting to fall out from the sides in. His hair on top is pretty dark still, but it is definitely more brown and lighter than his "birth hair".

What a cutie! He loves his bouncy chair.

No comments:
Post a Comment