Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We are the champions!

Even though this is the most recent event this week, I have to post about it first. We are the champions! My women's team made it to playoffs this year and we took the whole thing! Amazing. We played a great game against a pretty tough team. Go ICE!
On Friday, my mom and her fiance/fishing partner, Pete, were in Newport, so we headed out for a great visit. My mom has seen Benjamin only one other time since we left the hospital 5 months ago and Pete had not seen him since the hospital. It was a lovely time with dinner at the Lighthouse Deli/Southbeach Fish Market, grocery shopping at Fred Meyer, and then visiting on the boat. (They have the best fish and chips or clam chowder (or chicken strips and fries in my case) that I have ever had. It is a must stop every time we go over there. I will warn you - it is a dive!) I miss them so much! Benjamin had an awesome time with them. (I will put a video of B-Man chewing on Pete at the end of this post.)

Look how fuzzy his hair is getting!
You guys are SO funny!Probably the most noticeable change for The Man this Week is the fact that he has noticed dogs. This kind of started at the Edwards' last week with their dog, Flint, but has evolved considerably since. Riley has always been around him and for the most part, they have always ignored each other, or so I thought. Apparently the man just never really saw her. Now he stares at her and other dogs like crazy. He just can't get enough. If he is fussy and I need to use the bathroom, I can tell Riley to sit and stay in front of him and he is just as content as could e. Strange! He really enjoyed our friend Ronda's miniature chihuahua, Kiwi. He saw her poke her little nose out of her blanket and he had to double-take. He just couldn't believe it.
We had another delightful Pancakes and Prayers and the Siegel's home. A very nice way to start a Sunday morning. We discovered that Benjamin has an attack mode! He would growl and then lunge for your hand and bite it. They don't tell you that in the books on teething! It was endearing but he does get a little rough, even without teeth. I'm certainly not looking forward to nursing once he gets his chompers! I've also started giving him a sippy cup with water in it. He really doesn't drink the water, but he loves to hold it and is surprised every time he gets water out. It is quite cute. It is a great new "toy".We had a lovely BBQ with our friends, the Siegels, and with Dad & Carol, Christy & James. Lovely evening. Thank you all for chit chatting, baring with us in our ugly backyard, and playing cards with us. It was absolutely fantastic. And thanks to Paul for the STELLAR hosting job and great burgers. To quote Charlotte (an almost one year old friend of mine)"Yummmm Yummm" :o)
Oh and Benjamin seems to have learned his name!!!!

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: